The Tomahawks return to the road this weekend for a pair of games against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights. Johnstown enters the weekend three points behind New Jersey for first place in the East Division and two points behind Aston for second place. Johnstown also holds a 12 point advantage over the Knights for third place.
The Tomahawks have won six of the nine meetings between the two teams, including the last four. The most recent meeting took place two weeks ago, a game that the Tomahawks won 4-3 in overtime. Filips Buncis scored the game-winning goal 20 seconds into the overtime period.
Luke Lynch leads the Tomahawks with 14 points (nine goals, five assists) against the Knights, while Andrew Romano has ten points (one goal, nine assists) in nine games. Goaltender Andrew Lindgren has three wins in five meetings against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton.
Tanner Bennett leads the Knights with nine points (two goals, seven assists) against the Tomahawks, while Grant Valentines leads the way with two wins between the pipes.
The Tomahawks and Knights meet five more times this season, with four of the five meetings taking place in Johnstown. The teams close out the regular season against each other in Johnstown.
Following this weekend’s games, Johnstown returns home to take on Aston, while Wilkes-Barre/Scranton takes on New Jersey in a home-and-home series.
Stats & Notes
- Johnstown has outscored Wilkes-Barre/Scranton 14-9 in the third period this season.
- The Tomahawks are 13-3-5 in one-goal games this season
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton’s Jacob Hamacher has 14 points (four goals, ten assists) in his last ten games.
- Johnstown ranks fifth in the league with 3.33 goals scored per game.
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton is tied for the league lead with 10 shorthanded goals this season
- Johnstown’s Andrew Romano ranks eighth in the league with 44 points (13 goals, 31 assists) this season.