The Johnstown Tomahawks seek an energetic, hard working, and motivated merchandise manager/game day operations and community development/relations manager. This person will be the main contact for community development and community relations, working with schools, churches, community organizations, festivals, parades, etc. to help build the brand and be an integral part of the community. This person will oversee the merchandise store, online store, chuck a puck and 50/50 program and other revenue generating activities during the games.
This position will also help in ordering merchandise for the store, staff, and promotional purposes. Create new ideas to increase merchandise sales and ticket sales and perform basic office functions as needed and be expected to attain goals of the ticket department each season. This person will also oversee several game day staff for the merchandise store, chuck a puck tables, etc.. The candidate will report directly to the Team President or others as assigned.
Merchandise Coordinator Duties And Responsibilities:
• Duties shared between ticket sales and merchandise. Responsible for entire retail operation, including: policies and procedures, inventory, and accounting for on-site, off-site, internet and direct mail sales.
• Responsible to hire, supervise, and train the following part time employees: Merchandise Employees, and interns, Chuck-A-Puck
• Secure quotes and orders all merchandise including: Store inventory, Online inventory, Staff Apparel, Promotional Items, T-Shirts, Giveaways
• Responsible for merchandising and promotional budget.
• Game Day/Night Duties: preparing intermission activities, and setting up pregame presentations(National Anthem, Puck Drop, Awards, etc.)
• Reports to President: Community Development Coordinator Duties And Responsibilities
• Responsible for the development of the team’s community engagement strategic plan (youth, school, reading, youth hockey, non-profit, etc.).
• Build relationships with community organizations, nonprofits, schools, and local corporations.
• Oversee the implementation of the Tomahawks community programs and initiatives.
• Serve as Club representative at all local promotional events (chamber events, festivals, fairs, school events, etc.).
• Responsible to develop, plan and execute all special events (Healthyville campaign)
• Works closely with Ticket Operations Manager, Office Assistant and Game Operations Manager on special events (ticket holders, front office staff, ice girls, hockey operations).
• Sells Ticket Packages, Group Tickets, and Partnerships, including lead generation, solicitation, and service at arena.
• Develop Fundraising opportunities for community Partners.
• Work with Marketing, Corporate Sales, and Game Operations on games/weekends such as: Military Appreciation, Hockey Fights Cancer, Teddy Bear Toss/Undie Toss, Coat Drive, Canned Food Drive, Others as developed and scheduled
• Responsible for the community relations budget.
• Reports to President or Others as Assigned Requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
• Retail background encompassing purchasing, marketing, and employee management.
• Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, leadership, time management, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to work with both team and arena personnel and perform at an exceptional level in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent computer skills.
• Must be a self-starter and team player.
• Proven ability to sell both an intangible product (experience) and merchandise product.
• Must be willing to work long hours, year-round, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
• Must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to work effectively, without supervision.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested applicants can send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.