JOHNSTOWN, Penn. — The Johnstown Tomahawks will host the Wilkes/Barre Scranton Knights tonight, January 31st for Faith and Family Night at 7:30pm. Tomorrow they will compete against the Knights in the 2nd game of the series during our first Pucks and Prayers Night.
News & Notes
- This is the third series meeting between the two teams, with the Tomahawks currently losing 3 of the 4 games against the Knights this season. After this weekend they will play against each other one more time, a two-game series in Johnstown, on March 13th & 14th.
- The Tomahawks are currently in second place in the East Division with 54 points and a total of 25 wins. Coming into tonight’s contest, they trail the division-leading New Jersey Titans (59) by five points.
- The Knights, with 19 wins are in third place in the East Division with 43 points. They last matched up against the Northeast Generals, winning one game out of the three-game series.
Players to Watch
- Canadian, Carson Gallagher (77) is Johnstown’s 2nd top goal scorer, with 17 goals, only 1 goal behind Christian Gorscak. Gallagher is also currently one of the teams top power-play goal scorers, sitting at 7 goals (tied with Noah Basarab). Back in October, Gallagher made a commitment to play Division I hockey at Sacred Heart University
- Andrew Murphy (5) will be hard to miss, he stands 6”4” without skates. He has seen 9 goals this season, a third of those goals being made in the last three games he has played. It seems it is time to keep his goal streak going.
- Lincol Hatten (15) is the teams top goal scorer, with 21 goals and 25 assists. He has been with the Knights since 2017 and has played in over 100 games. There seems to be no stopping the power forward this year. Hatten is committed to play for Army at West Point.
- Tyrone Bronte (18) has almost an equal amount of assists as he does games played. Currently having 32 assists with 34 games played. Also on the Knights since 2017, his past statistics show he ends ever year with a high number of assists. This is definitely a guy you want on your line to help you score.