JOHNSTOWN – Despite two goals from Oliver Benwell, the Johnstown Tomahawks fell to the Northeast Generals 4-3 Saturday night evening up the series 1-1.
1st Period Recap
- The Tomahawks scored the game’s first goal when Generals goaltender David Fessenden turned the puck over to Christian Gorscak, who fed Oliver Benwell for a 1-0 Johnstown lead.
- Johnstown appeared to increase their lead to 2-0 but the goal was disallowed after it was deemed that Fessenden lost his helmet prior to the puck crossing the line.
- Northeast tied the game at 1-1 with a goal from Louis Boudon with 24 seconds left.
Shots on Goal After the First Period: Johnstown (12) | Northeast (13)
2nd Period Recap
- At the 10:13 mark, Boudon scored his second of the game shorthanded for a 2-0 Generals lead.
- Boudon would complete the hat trick two minutes later to increase the Northeast advantage to 3-1.
- The Tomahawks battled back to cut the deficit to 3-2 when Benwell scored his second of the game.
Shots on Goal After the Second Period: Johnstown (20) | Northeast (23)
3rd Period Recap:
- Boudon added his fourth of the game early in the third period to add tot he Northeast lead 4-2.
- Defenseman Chris Trouba added a late power play goal with 46.9 seconds left but the Generals would hang on for the 4-3 win.
Final Shots on Goal: Johnstown (30) | Northeast (24)
The Tomahawks and Northeast continue the East Division Semis with Game Three Wednesday night at New England Sports Village in Attleboro, Mass.
The 2019 Playoffs is presented by Allied Milk Producers.