The Tomahawks would win their second of three games in the weekend series against the Generals by a score of 4-3 on Saturday night.

Unlike last night’s game, things started off a little bit slow Saturday night. The first piece of action would come 8:29 into the 1st period when Jared Gerger would go to the box for holding. With only two seconds left on the penalty, Johnstown’s Jay Ahearn scored his 16th goal of the season on a wraparound goal behind the back of the net, sneaking one past Generals goaltender Hugo Haas to open the scoring for the night. Two minutes later, Alex Gritz would get a power play goal for the Hawks, putting them up by 2. Johnstown would hold the two-goal lead for the rest of the period, ending the 1st 2-0 in favor of Johnstown.

1:49 into the 2nd period, Jay Ahearn would be sent to the penalty box for boarding. Northeast’s Brent Keefer would score on the power play to make it 2-1. Less than two minutes later Anthony Mastromonica would regain the two-goal lead for the Hawks by scoring to make it 3-1. Not much later, John Gelatt would also score his 16th goal of the season to put the Tomahawks up by 3. After Gelatt’s goal, Northeast would relieve goaltender Hugo Haas for backup goaltender and yesterday’s starter, Anton Castro. He would finish out the period not allowing any goals to send the Hawks to the locker room up by 3 on the Generals.

Early in the 3rd period, Johnstown’s Max Neill and Northeast’s Tyler Cooper would spend some time in the box, receiving coincidental minors for roughing, as they got into a bit of a scruff in front of the benches. With 11:18 remaining in regulation, Northeast’s Jonathan Young would make it a two goal games as he managed to find the back of the net with a big pileup of players. Late in the period we would see a few penalties to both teams, which would give the Generals some 4-on-3 and 5-on-4 advantage time with under 5 minutes to go in regulation. Northeast’s Tyler Cooper would make it a one goal game with just over four minutes to go as he rips a goal in and right back out of the net during the 4-on-3 play. Northeast was hungry to get the game-tying goal they needed, but would not find the back of the net and the Tomahawks would come away with the 4-3 win.

The Tomahawks will be back tomorrow afternoon for the third and final game of the series against the Generals at 1ST SUMMIT ARENA with puck drop set for 1 PM. Tickets are available on Ticketmaster.com and will also be available and the doors prior to tomorrow’s game.