JOHNSTOWN – Roman Kraemer scored two goals and Sam Solensky registered three assists in a 4-1 Johnstown Tomahawks win over the Northeast Generals in game one of the East Division Semi-Finals at 1st Summit Arena.
1st Period Recap
- The Tomahawks began game one by upping the physicality, throwing body checks ferociously during the first five minutes.
- The Generals gained an early power play advantage but that was successfully killed off by Johnstown.
- Forward Carson Brière tallied the first goal of the game at 16:03 of the first period for a 1-0 Tomahawks lead. Sam Solensky and Roman Kraemer picked up the assists.
Shots on Goal After the First Period: Johnstown (13) | Northeast (9)
2nd Period Recap
- Johnstown picked up right where it left off, peppering Generals goaltender David Fessenden with early shots.
- The Tomahawks eventually broke through for a 2-0 lead with a marker from Kraemer, his first of the playoffs. Brière and Solensky assisted on the goal.
- Just 1:09 later, Kraemer converted a dish from Brière for his second of the game and a 3-0 Tomahawks lead. Solensky picked up his third assist of the game.
Shots on Goal After the Second Period: Johnstown (26) | Northeast (19)
3rd Period Recap:
- The Tomahawks added to their lead with a goal from Andy Nedeljkovic at 1:36 of the third period . Chad Merrell picked up the lone helper on Nedeljkovic’s first goal of the post-season.
- Just before the halfway mark of the third period, Northeast tallied its first goal of the game from Svet Kuchynski to cut the Tomahawks lead to 4-1.
Final Shots on Goal: Johnstown (30) | Northeast (24)
The Tomahawks and Northeast continue the East Division Semis with Game Two tomorrow night at 1st Summit Arena.
The 2019 Playoffs is presented by Allied Milk Producers.