Read to Succeed
with the Johnstown Tomahawks
The Johnstown Tomahawks are pleased to announce the “Read to Succeed” reading program that they will be offering for the 2020-2021 season. We are very excited about this program! Tying together education and our team is a huge goal of ours!
The “Read to Succeed” program is an incentive offered to students in the Johnstown and surrounding areas by the Johnstown Tomahawks. The program is open to students of all ages and grade level.
How it works:
- Students each receive a monthly score card with the goal set of reading 10 books a month, once that scorecard is completed the student will return it to their teacher for a punch on their punch card that the teacher will keep until completed.
- Upon completion of the punch card, the teacher will send the card home with the student. The student can then take this to the Box Office at the 1st Summit arena for a free ticket voucher.
- All students that complete their card will receive a “Hat Trick” reader certificate from the Johnstown Tomahawks along with a team poster
What is involved for the teacher:
- Visit www.johnstowntomahawks.com Follow the Community Tab and then the “Read to Succeed” drop down to complete the sign up form. Once that has been received, you will be contacted about receiving your materials. Submission must be received by September 30,2019.
- Send a monthly score card home with each student for the months of November, December and January.
- Display our “READ TO SUCCEED” Poster in your classroom to promote the reading program
- Keep student’s punch cards on file with you, punch upon each month’s goal completion, once all punches are given, send the card home with the student for redemption at the Box Office at 1st Summit Arena
- Forward a list of all students who completed all 3 goals to Sherry Cole at email@example.com by February 17th, 2020 in order for “Hat Trick Certificates” to be completed
- If half of your students hit the “Hat Trick” level you will receive 2 complimentary tickets to a 2020-2021 Regular Season Tomahawks game along with a team poster for your classroom.
- We also recommend that your classroom schedules a visit for our players to come in and read to or with your students. In addition to classroom readings, Tomahawks players are able to speak to your classroom or grade levels regarding other educational aspects such as health and fitness, Hockey 101, sportsmanship and teamwork and what a day in the life of a Tomahawks player is like. We do like to keep these visits to smaller groups and not a school wide assembly setting.