JOHNSTOWN – The Johnstown Tomahawks used a two-goal second period to defeat the Maryland Black Bears Saturday night at 1st Summit Arena.
1st Period Recap
- Johnstown captured the game’s first goal which came off the stick of Bennett Stockdale, his 13th of the season. Alex Wilkins and Roman Kraemer assisted on the goal.
Shots on Goal After the First Period: Johnstown (8) | Maryland (3)
2nd Period Recap
- The Tomahawks picked up their second goal of the game just three minutes into the second when Oliver Benwell chipped in a power play goal. His 20th of the year was assisted by Sam Solensky and Hunter Toale.
- Solensky scored a goal of his own at the 11:05 mark on the power play. Carson Brière assisted on his 24th goal of the season.
- Maryland managed to solved Hawks netminder Cooper Lukenda at 14:27 with a goal from Connor Pooley.
Shots on Goal After the Second Period: Johnstown (24) | Maryland (7)
3rd Period Recap:
- Maryland cut the Johnstown lead to 3-2 after Jack Rudin capitalized on a Tomahawks turnover.
- However, the Tomahawks held strong and shut down the Black Bears offense for the 3-2 win.
Final Shots on Goal: Johnstown (31) | Maryland (17)
Johnstown is back on home Sunday as the team concludes their series with Maryland with Undies Sunday at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 10.