The Johnstown Tomahawks hit the road for the final time in the regular season, traveling to Aston for a pair of games against the Rebels. The Tomahawks are looking to play spoiler, after the Rebels swept them last weekend at the War Memorial.
Aston has taken nine of the 14 meetings this season, but the Tomahawks took the most recent meeting in Aston. This will be the first time the teams have met in Aston since Jan. 15.
Luke Lynch leads the Tomahawks with 14 points (nine goals, five assists) against the Rebels, while Casey Linkenheld leads the team with 10 assists. Goaltender Andrew Lindgren leads the team with three wins against Aston.
Evgeny Yakovlev leads the Rebels with 13 points against the Tomahawks, while Kristofers Bindulis leads the team with ten assists. Darion Hanson has seven wins against the Tomahawks this season, while Trevor Micucci has the lone shutout.
Following this weekend’s game, the Tomahawks return home to take on the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights next Friday and Saturday. The Rebels close out their regular season schedule with a home-and-home series against the New Jersey Titans.
News & Notes
- The Tomahawks need one win to set a new single-season wins record. They tied the 2013-14 team when they recorded their 28th win of the season March 12 against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights.
- Aston ranks second in the league with a 23.8% power-play percentage.
- Johnstown is 14-6-1 when outshooting its opponent this season
- Aston’s 18 home wins rank second in the league behind Fairbanks.
- Luke Lynch ranks seventh in the NAHL with 52 points (27 goals, 25 assists)