Saturday November 22nd 7 p.m.
Pullar Stadium Sault Ste. Marie, Mich.
The Tomahawks return to the road for a two-game weekend series with the Soo Eagles. The Eagles currently hold a 12-11 series advantage, with seven of those wins coming at home. Johnstown has the advantage this season, taking two of the three meetings against Soo.
The Tomahawks battled the Eagles last Friday night at the War Memorial, with the Tomahawks earning a 5-2 win. The Tomahawks scored all of their goals in the second period, after Soo took a 1-0 lead after one period.
Trevor Recktenwald had two goals for the Tomahawks, while Joe Drabin had a goal and two assists. Nick Belger and John O'Connor had the goals for Soo.
Soo continued its weekend with a short trip to Connellsville for a pair of games against the Keystone Ice Miners. Soo swept the pair against Keystone, winning 2-1 on Saturday night and 3-2 in a shootout on Sunday afternoon.
Following this weekend’s games, the Tomahawks and Eagles meet five more times in Johnstown, starting Feb. 13 and 14.
North Division Update
All six north division teams are in action this weekend in both divisional and non-divisional match-ups. Keystone traveled to Springfield on Friday night, before heading to Janesville for a pair of games. In non-divisional contests this weekend, Springfield travels to Topeka, while Michigan hosts Coulee Region.
Facts & Notes
· Soo leads the division with 83 goals scored and 73 goals allowed. Soo’s 83 goals also rank second in the league to Fairbanks (97).
· Johnstown is 6-1-0 when leading after the first two periods.
· Soo is second in the league with five shorthanded goals scored this season
· Tomahawks forward Andrew Romano has 9 points (3G-6A) in road games this season
· Johnstown is one of six teams without an overtime/shootout loss this season.
· Zach Zech: Four points (1G-3A) in his last five games
· Casey Linkenheld: Points in four-straight games (2G-2A)
· Jake Houston: Points in two-straight games (0G-2A)
· Zac Robbins: Three points (1G-2A) in his last five games
· Nick Belger: Six points (5G-1A) in his last five games
· Mitch Vanderburg: Eight assists in last five games
· Chase Matson: Points in two-straight games (1G-1A)
· Brad Pung: Points in two-straight games (0G-2A)