The Johnstown Tomahawks close out their three-game road trip tonight against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Knights. The Tomahawks sit just two points behind Aston for second place in the East Division and eight points behind first place New Jersey.
Johnstown and Wilkes-Barre/Scranton have split their six meetings this season, with the Tomahawks winning the most recent meeting Nov. 14. Johnstown holds a 2-1 advantage in games played at the Revolution Ice Centre.
Luke Lynch leads the Tomahawks with nine points (four goals, five assists) in five games against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton. Andrew Romano leads the team six assists against the Knights. Ryan Glander is 1-0 against the Knights this season with a .914 save percentage. Glander’s win came in the most recent meeting, when he stopped 32 of 35 shots in a 4-3 victory.
Paul Maust leads Wilkes-Barre/Scranton with seven points (one goal, six assists) in five games. Stephen Kelly leads the Knights with four goals, while Grant Valentine is 2-1-2 with a .912 save percentage and 176 saves.
Following tonight’s game, the Tomahawks return home to take on Kenai River Dec. 31 and Jan. 2. They close out the homestand with games against Fairbanks Jan. 8 and 9. Tickets start at just $9 for adults and $6 for kids 12 and under.
Stats & Notes
- The Tomahawks have outscored the Knights 11-5 in the third period during the six meetings this season.
- Knights goaltender Grant Valentine is second in the league with 576 saves and fourth in the league with 1121:09 minutes played.
- Forward Kelly O’Brien has 17 points (seven goals, ten assists) in 15 road games this season
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton has the most shorthanded goals scored (9) this season. Seven of those nine goals have come on home ice.
- Johnstown is 10-0-2 when leading after two periods this season